Terry was born and raised in Saskatoon. He has a Bachelor of Commerce degree with a major in marketing from the University of Saskatchewan. Terry has been involved in financial planning associations on both a local and national level for many years.
His designations and awards include:
- Chartered Financial Planner (1982)
- Member of the Trust Institute (Personal Trusts)
- Member of the Year by the Canadian Association of Financial Planners (1997)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (1999)
- Specialist of the Trust Institute (Taxation)
- AIM Award for Excellence in Professional Financial Planning (Saskatchewan Region 2002)
- Distinguished Toastmaster (2011)
- Certified Executor Advisor (2016)
- Distinguished Financial Advisor- Tax Services Specialist (2020)
- J.G. Taylor Award from the Institute for Advanced Financial Education (2021)
Terry wrote a personal finance column in the StarPhoenix weekly for over 30 years. Terry is a fan of country blues music and Irish music. He enjoys biking year-round to stay in shape. He is learning the Spanish language as well as Irish Gaelic. Terry has been married to Betty for 46 years; they have three daughters – Katie, Lisa, and Maggie – and five grandchildren.
The most widely recognized financial planning designation in Canada and worldwide, the Certified Financial Planner® designation provides assurance to Canadians that the design of their financial future rests with a professional who will put their clients’ interests ahead of their own. CFP certification is considered the standard for the financial planning profession worldwide. CFP professionals have demonstrated the knowledge, skills, experience and ethics to examine their clients’ entire financial picture, at the highest level of complexity required of the profession, and work with their clients to build a financial plan so that they can Live Life Confidently™.